Monday, September 6, 2010

Will the Internet Kill TV?

I bought a laptop last spring in April. It broadened my horizons to a whole new world of possibilities. Not only could I do my schoolwork while sitting on the couch, but also I had a new benefit available to me. Rather than sitting at my desk to watch a TV show online, I could enjoy shows in the comfort of my living room. Sure, the laptop isn't as big as our television set, but when you don't have cable, who cares? I started watching shows that I'd only ever heard friends speak about, and really became hooked on a few series. And then it hit me - if I'm watching all of these shows online, how is TV going to survive?

This is not a new question. Hulu.com has been providing TV programs online free-of-charge for some time now. And many networks provide at least a few episodes for free online as well. I decided to do some research on this topic and stumbled upon this interesting opinion piece. The writer suggests rather than the Web moving away from TV, it is moving towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment