Sunday, October 24, 2010

Podcasting in Education

Hello Friends! It has been awhile since my last post, but I promise the wait has been well worth it! In my never-ending quest to share my adventures in school with you, I have a new podcast to present. I'd like to explain first what the project was about, and then I will give you my opinion on how easy it was to set up.

Our assignment was to create an account on Podbean.com, and record a podcast about 2-3 minutes in length. My podcast is about the presence and use of podcasting in education. This is an important topic. As many of you know, not only am I learning about podcasting in school myself, but this mode of communication is fast becoming a way for professors to get lectures to students. My podcast, of course, goes into greater depth than that, and includes some thoughts on the benefits of podcasting in terms of technologically advancing classrooms.

In terms of set-up time and effort, I was pleasantly surprised. Initially I was concerned about how labor intensive setting up Audacity and my microphone would be, but it turned out to be no big deal. The most difficult part of the whole process was recording without catching too much background noise. I imagine some individuals with a more technological background would find it easy to correct some of that, but for someone like me it provided a bit of a challenge. The Podbean website was really enjoyable to use, and seemed very user friendly. If you are looking for a website to post your podcasts, I suggest you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment